Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010!

Here's to a fantastic new day, new year, and new decade! The past ten years have been huge for our family--happy moments and sad losses, three houses, four degrees, two children, two nephews, and more countries than I have fingers. Blessings big and small make me realize that there is no bad time, just times that are better than others, and things to be learned--always.

I looked back at my 2009 post, absolutely thrilled to find that I made good progress on all of them, especially the writing. My friend told me kindly, upon reading that post, that I was already a writer. Maybe so, but I managed to prove it to myself, my own worst critic. So this year, I'm going to finish that novel and write another one. I'm going to learn to control my temper, practice really believing in God, and teach M how to ride a bike without training wheels. I'm going to make boeuf bourguignon at least once (thanks, "Julie & Julia").

I'm also letting go of the last day on earth mentality, looking more to enjoy every day as it is in all its glory. Going back to the life abundant attitude, I suppose, where it's more about the sum of all the little things than the big moments you might never create/enjoy to satisfaction.

What about you? I'm not much of a resolution girl, as seen by the fact that I'd utterly forgotten what I'd posted last year, but I do think it's a great time to think about where you are and where you want to be. It's a long road, and there's no time like the present to take the first step.

No comments: