Sunday, January 17, 2010

God in Action

(1) Drive through a neighborhood on a whim. Tell one of B's coworkers that we were in his neighborhood, at which point he mentions he'll be selling his house in a few months and that we should look at it after the holidays if we're serious.
(2) Get all excited about the way God put the most amazing opportunity in our hands: dream house in dream neighborhood, etc.
(3) Talk to said coworker after holidays, only to find that he's changed his mind. Wonder why God would dangle said opportunity only to take it away.
(4) Decide that, since we've gotten all excited, we might as well look into other options. For information's sake, of course.
(5) Pick an agent, only to discover that he won't be back in town for us to sign with and we'll have to wait until Monday. Wonder why he wouldn't tell you this information ahead of time.
(6) Spend the time, somewhat bummed, driving around just checking out options.
(7) Stumble upon an open house, fall in love, and discover that since we haven't signed with an agent yet, we'll get a better deal by selling our house through her.
(8) Frantically get our house ready to sell while going back and forth over the house we want.
(9) Buy said house. Three days on the market, sell your house to first-time Christian couple buyers who want to use it for their fellowships and day care and just think it's the most perfect house ever (which is was, really). Without even having to fix all those things we thought would keep us from selling!
(10) Realize, looking back, that all those pieces--all those mistakes and frustrations and missteps--were there to put us all in the right place at the right time.

I know that not everyone will see my week the way I see it. But having lived it, I cannot help but see God's hand in everything. I wish I weren't in awe, that I could say that I always trust that God will work everything out perfectly. Logically, I know He will. In practice, though, I'm must more likely to worry/puzzle/fix.

Still: one week. One crazy, unexpected week. And we're on the move, hopefully, in a month or two. I feel so blessed, so in awe, so very very lucky. I'm also tired. So very tired. I'm probably one of the few people in San Diego looking forward to a quiet week of rain.

5 comments:

Siân said...

That's an amazing story - so pleased for you...

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

A perfect story showing Him in action! Congrats Diana!
-Suz

Anonymous said...

Wow, we are so excited for you! Can't wait for more details on the new place.--Abi

feistywon said...

All I can say is WOW!