Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can you tell I'm tired?

Me: Okay, you guys can play for a few minutes, and then we're going to run an errand.
M: What are we going to do?
Me: We're going to drop some food off at a friend's house.
M: Can we stay in the car?
Me: No. Where we park is too far away.
M: But I want to stay in the car.
Me: I know, but I don't feel okay leaving you far away from me.
M: What are you worried about?
Me: That someone will take you.
M: (thinks, then brightly) But won't you lock the car?
Me: They could break the window.
M: (even more brightly) But then the police will come.
Me: You might be long gone by then. If someone comes to the car and breaks the window and takes you far away, what are you going to do?
M: (thinks, then not so brightly) I think we will just come in with you.

No comments: