Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Where's Emily Post when you need her?

If the women's restroom is closed for cleaning, and you take your daughter into the men's restroom out of "me pee now!"* desperation, should you put the toilet seat back up when you're finished?

*No, my English hasn't quite degraded that much. It's poor K, who is, yes, thinking about considering to maybe potty train. I have never met a kid who wanted so badly to put her pee pee and poo poo in the potty like all the other big kids. The actual putting of things in the potty is a little harder to come by. It reminds me of when she was crawling, the fierce desire in her nature to perfect this one act, and the perseverance and willfulness that finally got it done. I'm sure this will be the same way, eventually. Just with a whole lot more laundry.

1 comment:

Tom Bailey said...

This is funny. I was desperate the other day and the mens restroom was locked for 15 mintues at least ... being desperate I went into the womens restroom... the funny thing was the seat was up... Reading your post made me think about it. I like your blog. I am in CA. too.