Friday, March 19, 2010

It's already too late

When I hear, from the corner of the room where I'm frantically trying get a few things done while the kids watch a rare and well-deserved movie, the narrator ask who could possibly be behind the flowers changing color and the wind blowing wild, I answer absentmindedly, "God." It's such an obvious question, and what does it have to do with the movie anyway? And then it hits me: maybe the fairy movie wasn't the best pick for our family. I had wanted, for once, to pick a something that K really wanted to see, something not based on cars or fire trucks or dinosaurs that she appreciates by default, and therefore hadn't quite thought it through when she picked up the movie at the library, her eyes all aglow. On the bright side, she did indeed like the movie, and we got to have a great discussion afterward about how God might use fairies to do his work. A little theological fudging, sure, but I'm betting God understands.

No comments: