Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pencil in this

This is one of those "I just realized, at 11pm, that I failed to post today" posts. Go ahead and lower your expectations accordingly. It's been a tumultuous week: school lunch! gardens! babysitting! driving! visiting! burglary! police! repetitive fire truck video! more driving! picnicking! wine! conference! dreaded public speaking! exclamation points! I feel a bit like a wrung rag. The worst part is that I'm only in the middle, with more engagements to stumble over on the downhill side, and my whole being already exhausted.

I'm can't complain, because I'm the one who makes my schedule. I spend a lot of time lately looking at that schedule and scratching my head. Whatever made me think that it was a good idea to fill in every single open spot I can find? Ah, well they all sound fun, in theory. They are all great things to do with great people. And I hate when I'm trying to do these great things with great people to have to say, "Gee, I think the best time is really three weeks from now." I don't want to be one of those people, who make others feel like you simply don't have time for another friendship. So I squash them in wherever I can, becoming the person who is all burned out and over scheduled. I don't want to be that person either. I just want to be me, enjoying my kids and the people we love and the beautiful place we live. It's just that there's a lot of enjoying to be had there, and apparently not nearly enough time.

No comments: