Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving, with thankfulness for where you are and what you have. For me, this year is bittersweet. As happy as I am, as full as our table will be, my grandmother will be missing. So this year, I'm most thankful for God and heaven, not just because God is great (which He is), but because He is giving my grandmother the next best thing to being at our table. It helps me to picture her, with her husband and son, eating the stuffing that she loved and smiling so sweetly, when I miss her so much. I'm so very thankful that I have that.

M, on the other hand, reported on his Thanksgiving present from preschool that he is most thankful, on Thanksgiving, for chicken. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to mention that the bird on the table is a turkey. Who wants to spoil thankful?

1 comment:

Siân said...

We maintained that we had chicken to Jemima too - I don't think she realized any different...