Friday, September 11, 2009

Music Shmusic

I took K to a music class today. I'm not into music classes. Besides the fact that I get bored within approximately 30 seconds, I find it irritating to pay for something I could reasonably accomplish with a CD and some of the real and play instruments we have lying around the house. But my friend takes this music class, and when you can't make a session, you can send someone in your place. Which, in this case, was K and I.

I worried that maybe she would really like the class, which I had no interest in continuing whatsoever. Then we had this exchange:

K: Mama, we get ready go?
Me: Yes, in a few minutes.
K: Me go get swim suit?
Me: No, remember, it's a music class.
K: They have pool there?
Me: Nope. Only music.
K: (thinking) We go swim?
Me: No. We're going to play music today.
K: (thinking, again) Me go get swim suit?
Me:(trying not to get frustrated) No swim suit. No swimming. We're going to music class.
K: (smiles) Then we go swimming!

You know how toddlers are: the NO gets so quickly lost in translation. So unless there's some underwater music class I don't know about it, I guess it's safe to say we're all in agreement on this being a one-time event.

(By the by, K did indeed enjoy the music class. And I did indeed get bored within 30 seconds. So looks like I'm going to be doing more music at home, with CDs, in bathing suits. Because that should keep everyone entertained.)

No comments: