Sunday, November 30, 2008

Seriously? Cool.

November 30th? Seriously? Seriously? Did I actually manage to make it through NaBloPoMo, posting every single day? I committed to something solely for me, totally unrelated to children and mom-ing and wife-ing, and managed to stick with it to the very end?

And I'm not even tired of blogging. It didn't become the burden I expected, nor did it fall away in the craziness of our lives. Colds, daylight savings, even travel--apparently I'm capable of so much more than I believe. Why, I might just write those novels I've been toying with for so long! Finish those short stories! Clean out my closet and scrapbook my youth! Or I could let the momentum slide away amidst holiday decorating and parties and shopping until I'm back to blogging once a week or less.

How about we settle for something in between? Because, in the end, it wasn't about what this did for my blog but rather what it said about me: that I can commit to something for myself and follow through with it, that I have not lost myself just yet. And that, sometimes, I still believe in myself just as much as I believe in everyone else. Very cool. Very, very cool.