Thursday, February 14, 2008

In the true spirit of Valentine's Day

I know I bought a card for Valentine's Day. I clearly remember straining to keep two kids happy in front of a vast array of cards, none of which seem good enough for the love I share with my husband. I also remember picking one card that came close enough and hurrying through the rest of my shopping because I'd taken way to long. Then I remember coming home, tucking the card away in a safe place, and feeling glad that I was prepared weeks in advance.

The thing I don't remember is where I put the card.

I've checked all the usual places, and all the unusual places, and finally, feeling panicky and desperate, am calling it quits. B would never want me to stress so badly about a card, and that's just one of the many things that makes him the most amazing man on the planet. I'm just glad he's crazy enough in love to overlook all of my obvious flaws.

Here's to you, my Valentine, and to all my quirks that make our life a continued adventure. You know I love you, but I can never say it enough: I love you I love you I love you. Happy Valentine's Day.

Now, everyone else: go tell your Valentine's the same thing, because you never know--next year, this could be you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right. I would hate it if I knew something like this was worrying you. So don't let it bother you. Its just a piece of cardboard.

Love,
B